Here in Southern California the hills have been set ablaze and we’re experiencing a scorching heatwave, but the rest of the country seems to have transitioned into Fall. I’m using the power of Etsy to help me get into the Autumnal spirit. I love how Etsy can connect us with small creators all over the world, and I’ve curated a handful of my favorites to share with all of you. So get to scrolling, and enjoy!
1. Midcentury Wall Sconce | $260. Do you die? That walnut backplate is fantastic, it adds much-needed warmth to balance out that cool white shade. And you already know I turn into a big puddle for anything brass. Some of you are screaming about the exposed braided cord, but don’t fret – you can customize this sconce for hardwiring too. BLAM!
2. Handwoven Hmong Hemp Pillow Cover | $60. These Autumnal colors are so lovely, they’ll definitely warm up a corner of your sofa. But they can stick around all year long! These hemp textiles are handwoven using traditional Hmong methods.
3. Modern Stained Glass Suncatcher | $107. Stained glass deserves a modern take like these. I think they’d look fantastic in a corner catching some natural light in a bathroom or a living room. The colors are scrumptious and the maker will take custom orders if you’re looking for something special.
4. Handmade Indian Kantha Quilt | $83. Snuggle up in one of these beautiful traditional Kantha quilts. The block-printed textiles and colors are fantastic, there’s so much character in the hand-printing so don’t expect it to be machine-made perfection. Human hands made these! And the dashed stitch embroidery adds that extra something.
5. Handmade Ceramic Stash Jar With Cork Lid | $36. Yes, this is a one of a kind handmade ceramic jar, but the ceramicist has plenty of beautiful pieces for you to choose from even after this one has sold.
6. Harimi Dustpan | $44. Who knew you needed pretty cleaning accessories to make you feel like a total grown-up? These Japanese dustpans are made from layers of washi paper, then sealed with waterproof persimmon tannins. Add on their optional brush and you have yourself a beautiful Cheerio crumb cleaner!
7. Watercolor Abstract Seascape Printable Art | $6. Finding the right vintage art can take FOR-EV-ER but that’s why I love a good downloadable piece like this, if you had it printed on a high-quality watercolor paper and framed, I don’t know if anyone could tell the difference except you. Shhh, it’ll be our little secret.
8. Black Ceramic Serving Bowl | $69. I love finding unique pieces for serving food because everything feels collected when you entertain. And this bowl would be great for an everyday fruit bowl too, just grab those apples on the go.
9. Meditation Prayer Beads | $12. You have probably been spotting beads like these all over the interwebz used as a styling accessory. They’re a perfect way to add texture and layers to your home design.
10. Refillable Leather Notebook | $24. Sit on a park bench and journal your feelings while the Fall leaves drop around you. Or just this week’s grocery list.
Thank you so much for joining me during my retail therapy. I may or may not already be hoarding some of my favorite finds for Christmas so be sure to check back. Let me know in the comments which finds made it into your carts.